Are you considering getting orthodontic treatment? There must be several questions popping in your head like – What treatments are available? Which can be more beneficial? Which is more affordable? After determining every aspect, we want to choose the treatment that will do the best job. The two most popular choices are conventional metal braces and Invisalign dental braces. What if you had to choose between them? Let’s look at the difference between these two and understand which one is the right fit for you.
Invisalign and metal braces have the common goal – to offer straighter teeth and an improved smile. Traditional braces are made up of metal brackets that are fixed onto your teeth with wires and tiny rubber bands. Invisalign, as the name suggests, are invisible! They are clear plastic aligner trays attached to your teeth to subtly and gradually move your teeth into their correct position.
Advantages of metal braces
- They are fixed, so patients who are worried about losing their trays can relax.
- They are incredibly efficient in fixing complex issues.
- They work quicker in fixing teeth gaps and teeth alignment.
- The cost ranges from person to person.
Advantages of Invisalign
- One most significant benefit of getting Invisalign is that they are removable, so you have no dietary restrictions.
- Invisalign braces are nearly invisible, so you need not worry about the unsightly appearance.
- They are made up of plastic, thus more comfortable.
- Cleaning becomes easier as it can be removed.
What are the drawbacks of braces and Invisalign?
- Metal braces may not be ideal for people involved in sports. They are quite challenging in terms of comfort and cleaning.
- People having bridgework, biting issues may not be suitable to get Invisalign treatment in Methuen.
If you are still on the fence deciding which one to pick, call our experts at Amazing Family Dental and we will help you determine which of the two is best for you. If you are in search of a reliable “Invisalign dentist near me“?, our experienced professionals will offer you amazing Invisalign braces in Methuen.